The interesting one that I recently found was "Why not to date your doorman".
This actually brought a smile to me. Someone actually went on Google and searched reasons why they shouldn't date a doorman. Now, the term doorman could mean the type of doorman that works at a high rise type of building also. More people associate the term doorman with that type of job than they do a bouncer. I prefer the term doorman because I'm not a bruiser or gorilla.
So let's explore this a little more.
Why shouldn't you date a doorman? I guess it's up to you really. There are a few factors to consider though.
Let's say you do hook up with your doorman at your favorite bar or club.
- Will that change things?
- Will it make things hard for him to do his job?
- Will it make your time there different?
- If you start dating will you want to hang all over him while he's trying to do his job?
- If things turn to the worse will you not go there anymore?
- What if he's really a jerk?
- What if he doesn't "party" like you do?
- What if you just don't get along?
As a doorman there are things I think about as well. I take it a little more to the extreme than most though.
- Is this girl a regular?
- Does she spend lots of money?
- How many other employees has she been with?
- Is she a nut job?
- Is it worth anything?
- Does she bring in business?
- Do I want to know more personal things about her?
I guess what I'm getting at is that you should think more about the long term factors. The less the security staff knows about you the better. When things are found out they're easier to find.
I've never been that doorman that goes for the free round of sex or the blow job in the alley to let you in. I tend to have a little more integrity I guess. That might mean that I don't get to "dish" out the dirt on certain beautiful women but I'm happy about that. The less I know the longer people tend to stick around.
Granted, there is always that flaw in any design. I obviously can't say that I've never taken anyone up on their offers. I'm just more discreet about it. I don't believe that everyone needs to know everything that's going on. The less people know about me the easier my job is.
If I did take up more of these offers life would be more crazy. Then again, I've seen enough crazy for now.