Tonight will be a revolving night of statements that intoxicated patrons will think are questions. While checking i.d.'s at the door I'll have to ask people to remove masks. Then I'll have to tell some people that they can't bring certain props into the establishment.
Here's a few tips for approaching a doorman at a bar / club during Halloween.
- Don't carry props to your costume. - No one cares that your a baseball player. Your not taking a baseball bat into a crowded club full of drunk people.
- Don't wear a costume that obstructs your face. - If you have a mask, take it off. If it won't come off then you won't get in.
- Don't be the person your dressed as. - Just because your costume is a giant penis doesn't mean you have to be a dick.
- Don't over do the make up. - Again. If I can't tell who you are due to your make up, I won't let you in. I don't care about your costume.
- Don't walk up wasted and try to tell me that your being a drunk for Halloween. - It's been tried before and you get the same treatment as a drunk walking up on Halloween.
- There is still a dress code. - Even though it's Halloween, you still have to have shoes, shirt and some kind of pants / shorts.